Combining your Passion, Hobby, Sport and a Business to Help Others
Soren Molineux and his mates used to travel to Asia to surf the waves. One day they recognised that the children in many of these areas did not have even the most basic of needs, a school uniform. Step by step the guys have set about changing that through Smile Clothing, a one for one business model where if you buy a piece of clothing through Smile Clothing, they will give a school uniform to a child. Great story, facinating interview and one that is sure to inspire many other important initiatives to help others.
Here's what we cover in this weeks show:
- What is Smile Clothing and how does the business model work?
- What is a one for one charity model?
- Matching fun, sport, holidays, and your passion with a business that helps others
- The start of the idea, and the first steps
- Designing the Smile Clothing range
- Transparency in social enterprise and charity
- The personal rewards that come with giving to others
- A focus on simplicity and the power of beautiful imagery
- The incrementality of learning
- Collaboration created by a shared common interest
- Becoming a conduit for good